Creamiest Carrot Ginger Soup
I am a creamy soup fantastic, and this satisfies while still being light enough for summer! Totally vegan and packed with nutrition!
- 6 medium carrots peeled & chopped into 1" pieces
- 12 oz cauliflower florets approx 1 small head; I buy the bagged ones from TJs
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced into 1/4" half moons
- 2 teaspoons sea salt plus more to taste(I use 1 tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable stock plus more for thinning
- 1 tablespoon extra lemon juice for garnish
- 15 oz can full-fat or lite coconut milk I prefer full fat
- 1 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line two baking sheets with nonstick parchment paper. Spread carrots on one baking sheet and cauliflower and onions on another. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon sea salt and split avocado oil evenly between them. Toss to coat and roast for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- In the meantime, add all remaining ingredients to a high powered blender. If you don’t have a high-powered blender, but you do have an immersion blender, finely mince the ginger and add all ingredients to a soup or stock pot.
- Allow veggies to cool 10 minutes, then add to your blender. Make sure to cover blender with a lid AND hold a towel over the top, and make sure you start on the LOWEST setting. Blend until smooth and creamy. If using an immersion blender, add veggies to the soup pot and blend. Taste for more salt and add accordingly.
- Serve soup with whatever garnish you like, but I love toasted pumpkin seeds, cilantro and some crackers like Kashi. Soup will thicken in the refrigerator, so use extra stock to thin it to desired consistency.