Caesar Roasted Cabbage Wedges
Roasting cabbage and drizzling it with my homemade Caesar dressing turns this humble vegetable into a side dish you cannot stop eating!
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup sub honey
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium Tamari sub soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots sub 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder omit if using garlic clove
- pinch black pepper
- 1 large head green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- optional: extra lemon juice for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and puree until smooth. Dressing will keep tightly sealed in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- ROASTED CABBAGE
- Make Caesar dressing and refrigerate. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice cabbage head into 8 equal parts, then gently place them side by side on baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roasted wedges for 20-25 minutes, or until tender with golden brown edges. Serve wedges immediately with a generous drizzle of Caesar dressing. Squeeze on extra lemon juice, if using.