Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Who really needs the coffee when you have this ridiculously moist, unforgettably delicious and healthy coffee cake?! One of my favorite recipes ever, and awesome as a dessert, snack or breakfast.
- 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg optional
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder sub 1 tsp extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups apples peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces(*pink lady or honey crisp if possible)
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup maple sugar sub coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Peel and dice apples and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flours, sea salt, nutmeg, cinnamon baking powder and vanilla powder (if using extract, mix with wet). In a small mixing bowl, whisk together maple syrup, eggs, coconut milk and extract. Mix then wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until evenly incorporated. Fold in apple pieces.
- In a food processor, combine crumble toppings. Pulse until you reach the consistency of tiny pebbles. If you don't have a food processor, you can hand-chop the walnuts and mix everything together, you just won't have an even of a texture.
- Empty 1/2 of your apple batter into the baking dish and smooth evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle half of the crumble on top. Add remaining batter and smooth, then remaining crumble.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to rest for 30 minutes before removing a slicing.