Anti-Inflammatory Root Veggie Hummus
As nourishing as it is gorgeous, this hummus is packed with anti-inflammatory foods, and it's a crowd pleaser with it's creamy texture and slightly sweet taste.
- 1/2 large sweet potato, peeled & cubed into 3/4" pieces (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 small beet, peeled and cubed into 3/4" pieces (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 15 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Add beets and sweet potatoes to a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil just until tender, 6-8 minutes. Drain and cool 5 minutes.
- Add root veggies and all remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before enjoying.
- Leftover hummus will keep up to 1 week in the fridge.