1-Minute Molten Lava Cake
Whether you're a party of 1, 2 or more for Valentine's, this recipe has your back! Just 5 minutes to prep and 1 minute in the microwave (ok, and 2 minutes to cool), and you have an uber-decadent gooey cake ALL to yourself!
- 2 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons dutch-processed cocoa powder*
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar sub 5 drops stevia for 2 teaspoons sugar if you like
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 large egg yolk room temperature
- 1 tablespoon melted butter avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk OR room temp brewed coffee
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a 10 or 12 ounce microwave safe ceramic mug or bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and sea salt. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- In a small separate bowl, whisk together egg yolk, melted butter or oil, vanilla and nut milk or coffee. Add wet ingredients to the mug and stir carefully to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high 60 seconds. DO NOT overcook! Allow approximately 2 minutes to cool before enjoying. If you want an even more pudding-like cake, you can check at 45 seconds. I don't suggest reheating leftovers, as it will dry them out.
*dutch processed cocoa is more mellow in flavor with a darker color. Regular cocoa will have more acidity. It definitely makes a difference in the flavor, and I think the darker color from dutch cocoa is more attractive.