- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-2 cage free organic eggs whisked
- 1 1/2 lbs free-range, organic chicken tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a food processor, combine pecans, coconut flakes, sea salt, paprika and onion powder. Pulse until a fine crumble forms (it’s ok if there are some larger pieces left).
- Empty crust mixture into a shallow dish and add whisked eggs to another. Assembled your tenderloin strips, then egg wash, then crust mixture side by side from left to right, respectively.
- Dip each tenderloin in the egg wash, then in the crust mixture. Press firmly and ensure that the entire tenderloin is coated (I double-dipped each). Lay them on the baking sheet, leaving enough space between each that the edges can brown.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until no pink remains in the center.