- 2 1/2 lbs parsnips (peeled, ends removed and chopped into 2 inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (prefer first cold pressed 100% extra virgin)
- 2 tablespoons grassfed butter
- 1 head garlic (1/4 inch sliced off top to expose cloves)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh parsley (optional for garnish)
- 1/2-1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and add chopped parsnips and garlic head, cut side up). Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and make sure all pieces are coated as well as exposed cloves.
- Bake parsnips for 55 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork and golden-brown around the edges. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Add parsnips, squeeze out 3-4 cloves roasted garlic, Old Bay, Sea Salt, remaining olive oil and butter to a food processor. Begin to puree, adding water until you reached desired consistency.
- Serve with fresh parsley or garnish of choice and a sprinkle of Old Bay.