TOTAL TIME :30minutes10minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon apple cider or white vinegar
- 1 cup tapioca flour (sub arrowroot starch)
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour *
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- *NOTE: can sub GF all-purpose flour, but the batter will be thicker. Just use a dampened spatula to spread!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small(er) mixing bowl, whisk together water, egg and vinegar. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together tapioca flour, almond flour, salt, garlic powder and baking soda.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk until creamy.
- Heat a 10” castiron or other nonstick skillet to medium-high and add avocado oil. Turn on exhaust fan. When oil moves quickly around the pan, add batter and quickly spread into an even layer. Allow to sear 5-7 minutes, or until the edges start to pull away and you can smell “browning” but not burning.
- Carefully add pan to the oven and bake 5 minutes. Remove and turn oven to 475 degrees. While oven is heating, add whatever toppings you like. Add pizza back to the oven and cook 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden-brown and any cheese is bubbling.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before slicing and enjoying! Leftovers will keep tightly sealed in the fridge up to 4 days. Reheat in the oven at 350, on an unlined baking sheet, until warmed through.