TOTAL TIME :55minutes10minutes1hour
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 15 ounces can unsalted chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and thoroughly rinsed
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashew butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice (activates the baking soda)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a standard 9 x 5.5 x 3 loaf tin with non-stick parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT chocolate chips in a food processor or high-powered blender, in the order listed. Blend until completely smooth and creamy (will take longer to get creamy in the food processor, but blender will require a tamper and some elbow grease!). Unplug whatever equipment you’re using and remove blade, if using FP. And chocolate chips and stir to distribute evenly throughout.
- Pour batter into your lined loaf tin and spread in an even layer. Bake for 55 minutes, then place a kitchen towel down on one of the shelves of your fridge, and put loaf pan on top. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before removing from the loaf tin/paper and slicing. Ideally 2 hours!
- Bars will keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days.