TOTAL TIME :10minutes25minutes30minutes
- 1/2 cup raw pecans (sub walnuts or cashews)
- 1/2 cup monkfruit sweetener (brand/type linked below)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (brand linked below)
- 8 tablespoons/1 stick unsalted butter, melted & cooled to room temperature (sub coconut oil)*
- 1 large room temperature egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (brand linked below)
- 1 cup all-purpose einkorn flour (sub gluten-free AP, AP or WW pastry)
- 6 tablespoons dutch-processed cocoa powder* (brand linked below)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt (brand linked below)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (brand linked below)
- 2/3 cup mini marshmallows or 5 regular-sized, cut into 8 pieces each (brand linked below)
- Optional: Maldon sea salt for garnish (brand linked below)
- *Tip: If the butter is cold, I find that microwaving it for 35-40 seconds will get it melted but not hot. Then I allow to cool to room temp, just a few minutes.
**Look for marshmallows that do not use high-fructose corn syrup, like the brand linked at the bottom of the post.
- Preheat oven to 350 and add pecans to a baking sheet. Roast for 9-11 minutes, or until fragrant and slightly darkened in color. Set aside to cool in a bowl or on the counter. Line the same baking sheet with nonstick parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer or in a mixing bowl if you have a hand mixer, combine monkfruit, coconut sugar and butter. Mix on medium-low speed until smooth and creamy and slightly lightened in color, approximately 1 minute. Add egg and vanilla and mix on low until just incorporated.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, sea salt and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to wet and fold until just combined--it’s ok if you can still see some flour.
- Roughly chop cooled pecans and add them to the dough, along with chocolate chips and marshmallows. Use clean hands to incorporate ingredients into the dough.
Roll dough into 12 even-sized balls, approximately ¼ cup per cookie. Keep at least 1 ½” apart on baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 9 ½ - 11 minutes, until they look like they’ve just set on top (you want them almost underdone). If using Maldon salt, sprinkle a bit on top of cookies RIGHT when they come out of the oven. Allow to cool 20 minutes on the baking sheet before carefully adding to a cooling rack. Cool another 10 minutes, then enjoy!
Leftover cookies will keep tightly sealed on the counter up to 4 days or frozen 4-6 months. I don’t suggest refrigerating.