|Crockpot Salsa Beef aka Dinner Savior|
Guys. I waited SO LONG to share this recipe with you. Why?
- It is so incredibly simple, I wasn't sure that it warranted all of the recipe-posting shenanigans.
- It has the worst name ever, and I couldn't think of an alternative. Salsa.Beef. If there is an opposite of glamour and creativity in the world of food naming, this is it.
However, I finally managed to invalidate my own reasoning. Because even simple recipes are still recipes, with specific quantities and times that are critical to product success. Plus, the recipe includes a few special LL touches that might not be self-evident.
Regarding my second claim. Um, who cares? Salsa beef rocks, and I will proudly wear down my crockpot with said oafish recipe until I can't look at another batch. But I foresee that being quite some time, because it really is that easy and scrumptious!
Crockpots are a busy person's best friend. Not only can you get it and forget it, it results in the most tender, fall-apart meat imaginable. As the beef cooks and falls apart, it absorbs the rich, spicy-sweeteness of the ingredients, making each bite equally flavorful. Rivaling its taste is the variety of different ways to enjoy Salsa Beef. Here are some of my favorites:
- over pasta like a bolognese
- over cauliflower rice or shredded cooked brussels sprouts
- scooped into organic tortilla chips (look for brands with "high oleic" oils)
- stuffed in pre-baked hollowed zucchini "boats" or acorn squash
- as a lasagna filling
You can now understand why, despite its clumsy name, I couldn't keep Salsa Beef to myself much longer! I hope it becomes your newest ally against the daily dinner rush, and please do tell me if you come up with a better moniker!